Monday, June 11, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Ciao! I made it safely to Rome early this morning and spent the day moving into the apartment, getting over jet-lag, and exploring the surrounding area. Unfortunately I don't have any spectacular pictures so far to upload, but I will soon!! Today we ran into some key trouble with the strange Italian locks/keys after we got back to the apartment from lunch at a pizzeria downstairs, but we finally figured out how to work the lock before reaching a semi-panic state realizing none of us had a cell phone or anything with us, and it was all locked inside the apartment. The shower situation was also a first, since we can only take lukewarm baths or 10 second-long "lava" showers that leave blisters on your scalp, but our landlord is coming tomorrow to take care of that! I had my first authentic Italian pizza and gelato tonight, which were AMAZING!! Jet-lag is hitting me hard, and we have our first official day of class tomorrow so I'm off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Rest up Paigey!! Miss you! Glad you're safe --Em

    ReplyDelete